Sample Engineering Projects...
Project Management Roles
Construction management responsibilities include estimating, project scoping, contract negotiation, scheduling, crew supervision, purchasing, permitting, submittals, financing, and facilitation of contract change directives.
- Wal-Mart Supercenter, Janesville, WI: $21 million complete budget w/ special assessment
- Wal-Mart Supercenter, Black River Falls, WI: $8.5 million complete budget w/ TIF
- Wal-Mart Supercenter, LEED, Rockton, IL: $9.5 million complete budget
- Denali Heights Subdivision, Roscoe, IL: $3.5 million site and main extension budget
- Hawks Pointe Subdivision Plat 4, Roscoe, IL: $250k site, plumbing, main extension budget, & HVAC budget; Condominiums at Sauk Ridge, Beloit, WI; $450k site budget
- EPA Well Abandonment, Loves Park, IL: $450k construction budget; EPA mandated transfer of 36 residences to municipal water.
Civil Engineering Consulting Roles
Design responsibilities included ordinance compliance, hydrology, pipe sizing and loading, subsurface exploration data reduction, surface modeling, storm water pollution prevention, traffic impact analysis data reduction, roadway and route design and specification authoring. Proficiencies included hydrologic analysis, storm sewer design and analysis, storm water detention system design, and use of computer-aided design software including various Haestad applications. Management responsibilities included project scoping including presentation of development details to clients and governing agencies. Responsibilities also included all coordination with in-house staff and sub-consoltants including MEP's and architects. I prepared the permit and contract documentation including project specifications. I facilitated contract negotiations and certified contract compliance internally and on behalf of clients.
- Wal-Mart Supercenter, Janesville, WI: 310k SF retail development; 1 mile offsite component w/ special assessment and public letting; WDNR air quality study and permit
- Wal-Mart Supercenter, Sheboygan, WI: 180k SF retail; Wetland mitigation; Offsite component w/3 consecutive round-a-bouts
- Wal-Mart Supercenter, Sparta, WI: 150k SF retail; 1900 ft WisDOT integrated component
- Wal-Mart Supercenter, LEED, Rockton, IL: 180k SF sustainable retail; 2400 ft offsite component
- Wal-Mart Supercenter, Black River Falls, WI: 150k SF retail; Phase 3 redevelopment; TIF District
- Wal-Mart Supercenter Expansion, Portage, WI: 25k SF retail expansion and remodel w/o closure
- Trails at Cherry Valley Subdivision, Cherry Valley, IL: 180 unit, molti-family subdivision
- Wal-Mart Supercenter, Medford, WI: 150k SF retail; wetland mitigation; EPA Phase 2 mitigation
- Sam's Club, Dubuque, IA: 130k SF retail; 1200 ft offsite component; PUD; Substation relocation
Land Surveying Roles
Land surveying responsibilities included boundary and construction staking, topographic mapping, and ALTA surveys. I also coordinated zoning and entitlement requirements.
- State Trunk Highway 89 from USH 136 to STH 46, NE: 10 mile route survey w/ ROW acquisition
- IADNR Wetland Mapping, Buena Vista County, IA: County wide determination and delineation
- Wal-Mart Supercenter, Janesville, WI: 50 acre B4 conditional use zoning with residential adjacency
- B63, Buena Vista County, IA: 5 mile accident investigation and hydrologic survey
Mechanical Engineering Consulting Roles
Design responsibilities included computer generated plans and CNC coding. Management responsibilities included project scoping and presentation of development details stake holders and coordination with sub-consoltants and architects. Product documentation included operating instruction and manufacturing specifications.
- Ethanol Plant, Monroe, WI: Storage and conveyance design and integration
- Scale Hopper for Seed Station Integration: Friesen of Iowa Line Manufacturing